DOWNLOAD TENANT FORMS
Tenant Consent Form
Applicant Attestation Form
Requirements to Apply
The Tenant household must meet the following criteria:
1. Experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship, directly or indirectly, during COVID-19; and,
2. Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and,
3. To be eligible, the combined income of all persons in the household must fall at or below 80% Area Median Income (AMI). Please see the updated AMI chart below.
How to Apply:
You may apply online here OR pick up and submit a completed hard copy application at:
Emergency Rental Assistance Office
2nd floor ITC building Suite 219, Tamuning
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday Closed holidays.
3rd floor Bank of Hawaii building, Hagåtña.
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Closed holidays.
What documents do I need to submit?
Once notified of your eligibility, submit all required documents listed on the checklist located on the web page or emailed with eligibility letter.
What documents does my landlord need to provide?
Landlords are required to submit copies of :
1. Valid business license for rental unit
2. Landlord W-9
3. Landlord Vendor Electronic Funds Transfer form
4. Landlord Verification form
5. Current rental ledger
Other documents may be requested as necessary. All forms located on the Landlord web page.
Is there a limit to how many months of financial assistance a tenant can receive?
Yes, the aggregate amount of financial assistance eligible households under ERA must not exceed 18 months combined relief assistance at all locations previously assisted current and/or former adult household members (rent/utlities/displacement/relocation).
Can you pay my rent in advance if I qualify?
All payments are made for current month and arrears only and does not reimburse for borrowed monies used to pay rent.
*Only with Continuance approved (3mos) prospective rent may be paid and you have not exceeded the maximum months of assistance.*
ERA Maximum Fair Market Rent for Guam
The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program allows grantees to make payments to households up to the maximum of the applicable Fair Market Rent or Small Area Fair Market Rent. The following table shows the maximum of the Fair Market Rent or Small Area Fair Market Rent by bedroom size. As Guam is a non-metropolitan area, all of the following values are areawide FMRs.
To request for Continuance of assistance (after your initial application), please submit the Continuance of Assistance Request Form with detailed explanation for request with supporting documents.
Must be submitted within 90 days of initial assistance
1. Updated copies of your last 2 pay stubs
2. Rental ledger
3. Latest utility bill(s)
Continuance status, if approved, is limited to 3 months at a time. U.S. Treasury guidelines allow for a maximum of 18 months of relief assistance.
Continuance of Assistance form must be submitted to the ERA Program office.
Displacement assistance is offered for tenants who have been, or anticipate displacement from their current rental location.
How do I know i need displacement assistance?
1. Tenant has received an eviction notice from their landlord and must vacate the property during the pandemic; OR
2. Tenant has received a notice to vacate property due to renovations or remodeling during the pandemic; OR
3. Tenant has received a notice that property has been sold and a new rental agreement must be obtained by new landlord or vacate property during the pandemic. Displacement assistance is temporary and may be granted up to 30-days with certain criteria.
The tenant household MUST still meet the three eligibility criteria.
What are the requirements for displacement assistance?
1. Agree to secure transitory location and follow all rules set forth by management.
2. Agree to immediate dismissal from ERA Program for failure to comply with requirements.
Yes, ERA can assist with security deposit plus 1st month’s rent, if ERA application date is within 30 days of move in date on lease.
*You may only receive relocation assistance every 3 months.