ITC Building 2nd Floor,
Directors Office Suite 224
Tel: (671) 475-1101 Option#8
Apostille requests are by Appointment Only
Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday.
Apostille processing time period –
minimum 7-10 days processing in the order
the request is received
Apostille fee: $50.00 payment is due at time of request submission of document(s) in order to proceed with processing of the Apostille
(acceptable forms of payment –
cash, check, or money order)
*All checks and money orders must
be payable to Treasurer of Guam
Apostilles authenticate the seals and signatures of officials on public documents such as birth certificates, court orders, or any other document issued by a federal agency or certified by a U.S. or foreign consul. An apostille certifies the document(s), so the document can be recognized in foreign countries that are members of the 1961 Hague Convention Treaty. We only issue apostilles for federal documents to use in countries that are members of the 1961 Hague Convention.
Before submitting documents to us, you must:
1. Notarize each document in front of a notary public:
- Using a notary commissioned by the county? Certify your document at the clerk of court then the secretary of state.
- Using a notary commissioned by the state? Certify your document at the secretary of state.
If you do not have the correct notarization(s) before you submit your documents, we will not be able to process your request.
2. All seals and signatures must be originals
- **We cannot accept copies unless they are “true certified copies” from a notary public. Birth, marriage, and death certificates, divorce decrees, court documents, and federally-issued documents cannot be certified by a notary public as “true copies.” These documents must be certified by the secretary of state, The Director or Deputy of Department of Administration and the Secretary of State/Lieutenant Governor of Guam.
3. All documents in a foreign language must be translated into English by a certified translator and notarized as a true translation.
4. Must present paid receipt at time of pick up in order to receive completed Apostille document(s). Documents will not be released without proof of payment.
For more information, please contact the DOA Director’s office at 671-475-1101 option #8